Thursday, June 6, 2024

Cheese Rock

For my second hike today, I drove down the West Fork Teanaway Road just past the Teanaway Campground to hike up to Cheese Rock along closed forest roads. My route was 3.3 miles round trip with 330 ft of overall gain.
View of the Teanaway River from the bridge over it.

I met a hiker taking his llamas out for a stroll.

Lots of lupine in bloom, and

there were still some balsamroot in bloom.

View of Mount Stuart through the trees as I was walking up the road towards Cheese Rock.

View of Cheese Rock from below

View of Cheese Rock from the other side
part of the rock out cropping near Cheese Rock, with a view of Mount Stuart
View further along the rock out cropping
partial zoom

zoom of Mount Stuart

Another hiker at Cheese Rock told me about a boot track to some near by huge boulders about 100-200 yards off the road.

This boulder was so large I need to use the pano mode to get the height of the boulder in the photo

more huge boulders




some of the wildflowers seen along the trail today:

  

 

  

 

  

 

  

 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment