Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Sage Hills

I drove to the small parking area on Number 1 Canyon Road in Wenatchee to hike in Sage Hills this morning before it got hot. There are many trails here for lots of hiking. My route was 5.8 miles with 750 ft of overall gain. The first 0.25 miles is up the road through a neighborhood to the trailhead. I saw several hikers and bicyclists, but the trail never seemed crowded and I was mostly on the trail by myself. There are lots of balsamroot and lupine in bloom on the lower parts of Sage Hill where I hiked today.



There were a couple of large meadows filled with yellow parsley.




After going up some winding switchbacks, the trail goes past this lovely large rock formation.
Soon after, the trail reaches Three Trail Saddle, where I go to the left and where I make a loop between there and Gut Saddle near the far end of my loop. Lovely flower views in these rolling hills.

Lots of phlox below the trail in one area.






some of the wildflowers seen along the trail today:

   

  

 

 

  

 

  

  


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment