Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Drove to the Upper SnoPark for the South District Mount Tahoma Trails to hike up to High Hut. From the Upper lot it was 6 miles round trip with 1,750 ft of gain. I was surprised to only see 5 other hikers, 2 coming down as I was going up and 3 coming up as I was going down. I had the area around High Hut and the majority of the trail to myself today.

The route is a closed road which is groomed for skiing by the Mount Tahoma Trail Association. The route was well packed down and I complied with the signage and stayed to the side in my micro spikes. This route is in the forest.
Views of Mt Rainier from in front of High Hut

zoomed in a little

To the east and south, I could see High Rock, the Goat Rocks and Mt Adams (mostly hidden by the peak to the far right).
zoom of the Got Rocks
To the southwest was Mt St Helens
zoom of Mt St Helens

To the northwest, across Puget Sound I could see the snow covered Olympic Mountains
blurry zoom of some of the Olympic Peaks
Another view of Mt Rainier from High Hut

As I was hiking back down, the were a few places where I had peekaboo views of Mt Rainier.



No comments:

Post a Comment