Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Snow Mountain Ranch

Drove east of Yakima to hike a loop trail at Snow Mountain Ranch. I did 6 miles with 1,140 ft of elevation gain. Although the balsamroot has barely begun to bloom there were many other wildflowers in bloom.  I only saw 2 other hikers and 1 coyote on the trail.
Looking over to Cowiche mountain near the begging of the trail.
I took the Wildflower Trail up. Hooker's balsamroot in bloom
These violets were profuse along most of the trail.
The lupine was also plentiful.
Phlox was also in abundance along the trail.
Continued up Cowiche Mountain West Trail. From the ridge, I could see a mostly cloud covered Mt Adams to the southwest in the distance.
This bird was singing loudly
Wildflowers in bloom on Cowiche Mountain
In the far distance I could see Mt Rainier to the west (on the far left of photo)
From up on Cowiche Mountain, I took the Cowiche Mountain Trail East down. More phlox and a balsamroot in bloom
I then took the Riparian Trail East back to the trailhead. Some interesting basalt rocks across the meadow.
Blossoming trees along the Riparian Trail
some of the wildflowers in bloom seen along the trail today:

   

  

   

 

  

  

  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment