Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Catherine Creek Loop

My second hike today in the east Columbia Gorge area was the Catherine Creek Loop hike. This is 2 miles with 250 ft of gain. Lots of wildflowers in bloom today.  The first meadow I saw was filled with death Camus.
I started on the trail to the east that crossed Catherine Creek on this log bridge.
There were so many Camus in bloom all along the hillside.
This field was full of shooting stars.
About 1/3 of mile up the trail, I could look over and see the top of the Natural Rock Arch.
Another filed full of flowers, and a peek of Mt Hood through the clouds across the Columbia River.

View to the southeast, this meadow was filled with the blue Camus and the death Camus.
When I reached a trail junction, I went to the left and down hill to the Tracy Hill Trail, near the bottom was some old wooden fencing.
To the east is the other side of the Natural Rock Arch, as seen from below.
wooden plank to recross Catherine Creek  
zoom of Mt Hood which came out from behind the clouds as I finished the loop.
some of the wildflowers in bloom along the trail today:

  

 

 

  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment