Monday, December 14, 2020

Narada Falls to ReflectionLake Snowshoe

 Drove up to Mt Rainier National Park to snowshoe from Narada Falls parking area to Reflection Lakes. About 4 miles with 700 ft of overall gain. Not many people along the way on this cloudy and partially snowy day. On the drive out of the park, saw a fox and a deer by the road. 

Paradise River near the parking area










View of Lane Peak from above Narada Falls.








There was fresh snow from last night, but the snow was well packed down here from the previous days under the fresh snow. Ruby Falls along the Paradise River, below the closed road.









zoom of the ice by Ruby Falls








Paradise River above Ruby Falls, on the other side of the bridge (closed road)










I choose to snowshoe along the closed road via Inspiration Point to Reflection Lake, there were some nice icicles among the rocks.







This section of the road had quite a bit of fresh snow, I enjoyed the peacefulness here, heading toward Inspiration Point.







Looking back along my tracks, Mt Rainier is hidden by the clouds.










Partial view of Eagle Peak as the clouds move through the Tatoosh Range.







View of Denman and Lane Peaks from Inspiration Point.








Some skiers passed me on the road, I looked back and was blessed to get a glimpse of Mt Rainier above the clouds for a minute as the clouds gathered around the mountain.









First glimpse of Pinnacle Peak ahead.








The Castle, Pinnacle Peak and Plummer Peak in the Tatoosh Range








The cliffs along the side of the road










It was very cloudy and starting to snow when I reached Reflection Lakes. No view of Mt Rainier







I enjoyed snowshoeing along the shore of the lake, here I walked under a tunnel of tree branches. So quiet, I had the lake to myself.










The bridge along a portion of the Wonderland trail near the lake










Straight ahead leads to the Lower Lake Trail up and over Inspiration Saddle, my return route. (The Wonderland Trail turns left after the bridge)









View downstream from the bridge










View upstream to Reflection Lake








Only saw two others going up and over Inspiration Saddle, so much solitude today.










Icicles hanging from the Comfort Station at Narada Falls









Took the short trail down to Narada Falls, I heard some large chunks of ice falling.










Stopped at Chrisine Falls on my drive down. Lower Christine Falls








small waterfall along the roadside










Upper Christine Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment