Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Gold Creek Pond Snowshoe

 Wanted a short snowshoe trip up at Snoqualmie Pass this morning (ended up snowshoeing for 4.5 miles). Parked at the west end of the Gold Creek Pond SnoPark and started up the road toward the Kendall Peak Lakes trail. Enjoyed the fresh snow!
 The tracks I followed stopped after about 1/2 mile, so I turned around to head to Gold Creek Pond.
 Instead of driving down the mile road to the winter trailhead, I show showshoed down the snow covered road.
 There was a nice creek along the way.
 In the winter, the trail starts off of Lake Mardee Road and heads up NF144. I followed fresh tracks up to Snowshoe Lane where I dropped down to Gold Creek Pond, breaking trail to the pond.
North shore of Gold Creek Pond
View of Rampart Ridge to the east, before the clouds came down.
I enjoyed breaking trail in the fresh snow that had fallen overnight.
Gold Creek Pond a little further down the trail
The bridge was completely covered in snow.
There were several beautiful creeks.

A winter wonderland



Snowshoeing back along Lake Mardee Road to my car, I also enjoyed the ice formations on the rock cliffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment