Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Mt Baldy in Yakima Canyon

I drove out to Yakima Canyon to hike up Mt Baldy this morning. I parked at the Big Pines Campground and took the longer trail up and down for a 4.6 mile round trip with 1,960 ft of gain. I saw a few wildflowers and only 1 other hiker today.

While I was heading up the trail I heard a train on the tracks across the Yakima River.
View of Mt Baldy from the northwest side going up the trail
It rained yesterday and last night, so there were some muddy sections along the trail. These might be big horn sheep tracks.
View to the northwest, looking down at the Yakima River.

Views from the top, it was getting pretty windy, so I didn't stay long.
 to the west

the south

the north

view to the west as I hiked back down the trail
some of the wildflowers I saw along the trail today, I only saw 1 balsamroot in bloom and 3 lupine plants in bloom:

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment