Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Lake Angeles

Drove up to the Hear of the Hills area of Olympic National Park outside of Port Angeles to hike up to Lake Angles. 7.4 miles round trip with 2,350 ft of gain.
Most of the first 2 miles of the trail was dry, except for one very icy patch just before the log bridge crossing. I wore my microspikes for this very icy section.
stream
Continued hiking up this pretty forested trail.
Around 3,400 ft the trail was covered with what looked like hail, underneath was very icy and slippery. I was glad I had my micro spikes and put them back on for the remainder of the hike up.
Around 3,600+ ft, the trail became continuously snow covered.
Before long, the trail was a winter wonderland. I only saw 3 other hikers on my way up to the lake.





View of Klahhane Ridge from the meadow area shortly before the lake
lovely bright green lichen hanging off the tree branches
View of a snow buried Lake Angels and Klahhane Ridge. I took a lunch break here and had this view to myself.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment