Friday, March 12, 2021

Glacier Vista Snowshoe

Drove up to Paradise at Mt Rainier NP to snowshoe up to Glacier Vista and over to Edith Creek Basin. 3.5 miles with 1,100 ft gain. There is a lot more snow here compared to when I snowshoed here in December. And was surprised that it wasn't very busy on this beautiful day compared to the other times I came here over this winter. Most of my route was well packed down from the previous days this week
View of Mt Rainier from the Glacier Vista area, I had this area to myself for quite sometime, the others people I saw this morning were heading up to Panorama Point.
Some critter beat me up to this higher section of Glacier Vista, I got up to 6,545 ft of elevation.
Wide angle view of Mt Rainier today
Coming back down is always a pleasure, hiking into the views of the Tatoosh Range and behind are the Goat Rocks, Mt Adams, Mt Hood and Mt St Helens. 
zoom looking towards Adams behind the Tatoosh
zoom of Mt Hood behind Pinnacle Peak
zoom of Mt St Helens
view of Copper, Iron and Pyramid Peaks to the west

I continued down towards the main parking area, surprised at how few people I saw,
turned to the east on the south side of Alta Vista, great views of the Tatoosh, no people.
view of Mt Rainier from the Edith Basin area
at the viewpoint for Myrtle Falls, which is buried under lots of snow
Paradise Inn is covered in lots of snow
a closer look at Paradise Inn
not as much snow covering Paradise Inn on the south side

 

No comments:

Post a Comment