Thursday, March 30, 2023

Kendall Knob

I stopped at Hyak and the Gold Creek SnoPark on my way home this morning to hike up to Kendall Knob. This is an 8 mile round trip hike with 1,800 ft of gain. I was the first one in the parking area and didn't see anyone else on my way up or at the viewpoint. On the way down I saw 6 other people heading up, a very quiet morning. The snow was well packed down, so snowshoes were not needed. The first couple of miles is all in the forest. View of Denny Mountain further up the trail .

View, turning around and looking south

More views between the trees

view to the south of Snoqualmie Central

Kendall Peaks near the end of the route

wide angle view from the viewpoint at the end of this trail, Rampart Ridge to the left:

View to the east/southeast of Gold Creek Pond and Keechelus Lake below and a partial view of Mt Rainier in the far distance.
zoom of the part of Mt Rainier as seen under the clouds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment