Saturday, October 2, 2021

Paradise Trails

I drove up to Paradise at Mt Rainier National Park this morning as the sun was rising. I ended up wandering around the trails doing several loops. Overall hiking 10.4 miles with about 3,000 ft of overall elevation gain. The fall colors were fabulous in the meadows.
I headed up the trail from the steps by the Visitor Center, enjoying the fall colors as the sun began to light up the area.


I headed up the trail around Alta Vista on the east side as that was where the sun was. These photos have no filters and the only editing is some cropping and straightening where needed.
I think this is the most colorful spot at Paradise in the fall.
I turned around to take in the view of the Tatoosh Range to the south.
View of Mt Rainier as I took the Skyline Trail back down towards the Waterfall Trail.
Myrtle Falls, not many people here early on a Saturday morning.
The sun started to light up some areas as I hiked up the Golden Gate Trail. 
I didn't see any hikers while I was on the Golden Gate Trail, but there was a black bear below Panorama Point busy eating. I enjoyed watching the bear from a safe distance.
Trail going up the High Skyline Trail.
Panoramic view of the Goat Rocks and the Tatoosh Range to the south.


zoom of Mt St Helens
zoom of Mt Hood
zoom of Mt Adams
wide angle view of Mt Rainier from the High Skyline Trail


There were some snow patches on the trail.
This marmot had a great view from below Panorama Trail.
View of Mt Rainier and the Nisqually Glacier from the Skyline Loop Trail below Panorama Point.
I then took the Skyline Trail down to the Deadhorse Creek Trail, looking back at Mt Rainier.
I then went back across the Waterfall Trail where I saw two grouse scurrying through the brush.
Some color along the waterfall trail
Back on the Skyline Loop Trail, this time heading out towards Mazama Ridge (in the background).
View of Mt Rainier at Edith Creek
Lots of fall color between Edith Creek and Mazama Ridge.




Color heading up Mazama Ridge
On Mazama Ridge, looking into Stevens Canyon.
I decided to head up the Paradise Glacier Trail for about 1/3 mile. View towards the southeast.
Rainier and Little Tahoma reflecting in a tarn along the Paradise Glacier Trail.
Returned to the Skyline Loop Trail and continued to the top of the Golden Gate Trail to hike back down to the parking area. I was happy to see the black bear was still grazing off below Panorama Point.
fuzzy zoom of the black bear
Views while hiking down the Golden Gate Trail






Creek along the Golden Gate Trail

Back at Edith Creek a lenticular cloud was forming over Mt Rainier
A wonder filled day at Paradise


saw some lupine on the trail up to Mazama Ridge

and lots of pasaqueflowrer seed heads


 

No comments:

Post a Comment