Friday, February 23, 2024

Glacier Vista Snowshoe

I drove up to Paradise at Mt Rainier National Park to hike/snowshoe up to Glacier Vista. This was 3 miles round trip with 1,000 ft of gain. Gorgeous day with great views. For about the first mile, I followed the route that heads up to Panorama Point carrying my snowshoes.

Once I turned off the packed trail to head up to Glacier Vista, I was breaking trail in snowshoes, sinking about 6-12".


view of Mt Rainier from where I stopped (going further had a risk of cornice)
View looking back along my tracks to the Tatoosh Range and some volcanic peaks
Looking back towards Mt Rainier after heading a short ways down.

I love heading down into these marvelous mountain views!










zoom of the Goat Rocks








Another look back along my different route down the mountain 


some animal tracks in the snow

Another view of Mt Rainier and my tracks beside the animal tracks

I love taking my time on this short trail, so beautiful!
Mt Adams, the Castle, Pinnacle Peak and Mt Hood
zoom of Mt Adams

zoom of Mt Hood

zoom of Mt St Helens
more views as I continue down towards the parking area:


No comments:

Post a Comment