Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Glacier Vista and Myrtle Falls

Drove up to Paradise at Mt Rainier National Park on this beautiful day. The trail up to Panorama Point was well packed and I was able to use my micro spikes, until I left the packed trail and broke trail over to Glacier Vista. I later snowshoed down along the ridge and then went over to Myrtle Falls. Overall about 3.5 miles with 1,000 ft of gain. There weren't very many people on the mountain today. Well packed trail near the parking area at Paradise.

Some of the trees had icicles on them.

Amazing to think that in a couple of months these trees will be buried in snow.

Looking over towards Mt Rainier as I book trail going over to Glacier Vista.

Looking back at my solitary prints and the view of Mt Adams and Mt St Helens beyond the Tatoosh Range.
zoom of Mt St Helens
zoom of Mt Adams
View of Mt Rainier from Glacier Vista








wide angle view at Glacier Vista


Another view of the Tatoosh and my lonely prints further up the trail.
Looking more to the southeast and the Goat Rocks and Mt Adams beyond the Tatoosh.

zoom of the Goat Rocks
some icy trees
a frozen boulder and Panorama Point above

I took a different route down, staying up on the ridge for a while, my footprints and a look back at Mt Rainier.

Fun to break trail in beautiful fresh snow!

I saw lots of these prints up on the ridge, they led to under the boulder, perhaps they are marmot prints.

Another view of the Tatoosh Range, I love hiking/snowshoeing down with this view in sight.

Another look back, before joining the Panorama Point Trail again.

View of Mt Rainier as the trail nears Myrtle Falls

Myrtle Falls

Snow covered Edith Creek above Myrtle Falls

View of the Tatoosh on hiking down from Myrtle Falls to the parking area.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment