Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nisqually River Delta Hike Washington

The hike at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge is a fun easy hike to do anytime of the year. I went with my 80+ year old parents. We saw deer on the road between I-5 and the parking lot. There is no elevation gain on this hike.
 There is a short 1 mile loop hike, which was what my Dad did. Mom and I hiked with him half way, then continued out to the end of the boardwalk to the Puget Sound Viewing Platform for a 4 mile hike.
Some of the birds and a turtle we saw along the loop trail:
 
The boardwalk near the Shannon Slough Blind
 We saw sandpipers (?) and a Great Blue Heron
 
 The boadwald extends out towards Puget Sound, where we good see the Narrows Bridge between Tacoma and Gig Harbor to the north.


On the walk back we saw this peregrin falcon and many other birds that didn't sit for photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment