Thursday, March 10, 2022

Gold Creek and Heli's Ponds

I stopped at Snoqualmie Pass to hike up to Gold Creek Pond and Heli's Pond this morning on my drive home. I did 4.5 miles using micro spikes. I had both ponds to myself and didn't see any other hikers until the last 1/2 mile along the closed forest road. View walking towards the summer the trailhead at Gold Creek Pond. 

view from the southern shore looking east

view from the southern shore looking north

 Walking along the west side, I could see the ice melting by the shore.

View from the northern shore

out on the narrow peninsula looking south

I had fun taking photos along the changing north shore.



The snow is melting on the bridge.

More north shore photos



Continuing towards the closed forest road leading to Heli's Pond

Heli's Pond from the southeastern shore

Looking towards the footbridge along the southwestern shore 

wide angle view of Heli's Pond looking north

The sign said the bridge was closed. The snow bridges on either side were stable, so I used the one on the right to continue along the pond.

Views from Heli's Pond as I continued walking around the pond.





Heading back to the closed forest road and Gold Creek Pond.

another footbridge at Gold Creek Pond

Most of the trail along the east side of Gold Creek Pond are in the woods, but I found a couple of view spots.


Heading back to the closed forest road and the SnoPark/winter trailhead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment