Monday, August 3, 2026
Hidden Lake from the Palisades Lake Trail
I checked on the air quality for Sunrise before I left early this morning, it was good. However, I didn't check on the wind direction, When I arrived at Sunrise Point it was very smokey. I had a N95 mask that I wore throughout the hike and it worked well to block out the smoke. I hiked the Palisades Lake trailto Hidden Lake and back, 6.7 miles with 1,400 ft of gain, most on the way back. Wildflowers are still in bloom.
View of Sunrise Lake below from Sunrise Point
Wildflowers along side the trail heading down from Sunrise Point
I took the short side trail down to Sunrise Lake, views of Sunrise Lake
Pica seen on the way back to the main trail
view of some of the Sourdough Mountains
Clover Lake views
The trail passes several meadows
The side trail up to Hidden Lake goes by a stream whre there were many wildflowers in bloom
A small tarn near Hidden Lake
a meadow filled with flowers near the tarn
some views of Hidden Lake
After enjoying the views at Hidden Lake I returned back to the main trail and up to the trailhead, some views along the way
some of the wildflowers seen along the trail today:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








































No comments:
Post a Comment