Monday, December 12, 2022

Franklin Falls

Drove up to the Asahel Curtis Sno-Park off of I-90 to hike up to Franklin Falls. From the Son-Park it is7 miles round trip with 800 ft of overall gain. I had the trail to the falls to myself and saw 2 people at the falls when I arrived. Later I saw 20 -30 people heading up to the falls. South Fork Snoqualmie River from the closed forest road. The route is 2.5 miles up the closed forest road to the start of the "trail", then another 1 mile to Franklin Falls.
The little red cabin and a small snowman a short distance up along the forest trail.
View looking up the South Fork Snoqualmie River across from the little red cabin.

Further up the trail, in the distance is Denny Camp Falls.

View of Franklin Falls and lots of icicles near the end of the trail.
Closer view of Franklin Falls 

I enjoyed all the icicles near the falls.


South Fork of the Snoqualmie River just below the falls.










The river a little further downstream with the trail to the left
Another view of the river before heading up the trail.
Back at the start of the forest trail and before hiking back down the closed forest road, I walked a very short distance to the road bridge over the South Fork of the Snoqualmie River to take some photos, looking upstream,

and looking downstream from the bridge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment